Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Best Nude Lips


















I am a huge fan of a well done nude lip, a la Gweneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lopez. I recently purchased MAC's Adoring Carmine: 3 Neutral Lips set and I am totally in love! In the set are two gorgeous nude lipsticks in Soft Spot and Real Treasure and a mini Lipglass in My Dear. The biggest problem I've faced in my quest for the perfect nude lip is that all the ones I've tried (hundreds of liner/lipstick/gloss combos) over the years have always had too much color. They are either rosy or peach and I want a true nude. I have blond hair and incredibly fair skin and I was afraid the gig was up until I found these goodies from MAC. I also got a lip pencil in Oak which is incredibly perfect too! This is like finding the perfect black Gucci pumps or that sample sale where everything you want fits (HA!).

I do have some other recommendations for nude lips. I have not personally tried these but I have it on good authority they create a gorgeous lip also.

Lipsticks: Giorgio Armani Armani Silk No. 31, YSL Rouge Pur lipstick No. 132 in rosy beige, NARS Honolulu Honey, Stilla Emily, NARS Belle de Jour

Glosses: Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector 02, Estee Lauder High Gloss in Ivory

No comments: