Thursday, December 24, 2009

Makeup Alley


If anyone hasn't visited www.makeupalley.com, do so immediately! Not only are there thousands of reviews of makeup, skincare, body care, hair care, etc. but, my favorite part, there is a swap section. Here's how it works. You make a WISH LIST of cosmetics/skin care etc. that you want. You also make a swap list of items that you have that you want to swap for items on your wish list. There is an autofind and a reverse autofind feature that locates items on your wish list or people who have items on your swap list on their wish lists. Everyone describes their items in detail, some used, some new, then you just send an email to the person you want to swap with. GENIUS!!

As a former makeup artist I definitely had a few qualms about this in terms of hygiene. However, as long as you stay away from certain items, you should be fine as far as germs go. I would NEVER trade mascara, lip gloss of any kind (wand/tube), or any other liquid makeup unless it was brand new and never opened. I promise you don't want to mess around with those germs. However, makeup brushes, eye shadows, blushes, cream blushes, and lipsticks can easily be cleaned with a quick spray of alcohol when you receive it. Poof, no more germs! Oh, don't spray brushes with alcohol though, use a brush cleaner. Fragrances obviously don't pose a germ problem.

When I went through my quite ridiculously large inventory of makeup that isn't even on my vanity yet I found several eye shadows, foundations, foot soak (?, it's from Origins though), eye shadow bases, and just a bunch of other random things that I don't need right now and would rather trade for something I do want.

So check it out and Merry Christmas y'all!!

No comments: