Sunday, April 26, 2009

Self-Tanners


For those of us in the white (florescent see-through) club, self tanners are a must. I can not even look outside without getting sunburned. Even when I bathe in sunscreen, which I always do, I also always have a strap that moves or a tiny spot on the ear that gets missed and ends up blistering. Considering my aversion to the actual sun and inability to get a tan, self tanners are my summer ritual. I, unfortunately, also have a problem putting tinted self-tanning products on. I always get tanned palms no matter how much I wash and I find it impossible to get the product everywhere leaving amazingly gorgeous white spots. A fun side effect of being see-through.

Considering the foregoing, I really like moisturizers that gradually develop a tan over time. I put them on at night and in a few days I can wear a skirt or dress without shame. When I do use straight-up self tanners, I always mix them with lotion which prevents tanned palms and it keeps my legs from going from a white factor of 0 to a tan factor of 10 which looks ridiculous and obvious. I hope we all know that tan legs look thinner and draw less attention which is always what I'm going for. one last important thing to remember, don't use cheap self-tanners! You WILL turn orange and look ridiculous, pretty much guaranteed. Some good tan-developing moisturizers to try are Clinique Self Sun Body Daily Moisturizer (comes in two tones which is nice). If you insist on using a self-tanner some good ones to try are Clarins Instant Self-tanning gel (the tint lets you see where it's being applied) and LancĂ´me Flash Bronzer Self-Tanning Body Spray. There are also some fun products that you can use in a pinch to get glowing like Tarte Glam Gams Leg Bronzing Stick and Michael Kors Leg Shine To Go

No comments: