Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sephora Christmas Catalogue

Every year I eagerly await the arrival of my Sephora Holiday catalogue. I can always count on Sephora to fill the catalogue with happiness and joy and makeup! Not just makeup but expensive makeup, the best kind. The more expensive the better I say (when I'm under the intoxicating influence of the Sephora Christmas catalogue). The makeup on the models in the catalogue is intoxicating, I need to know who their makeup artist is, they are very creative! There are several items I am particularly excited about this year and I want to spread the love to those who aren't getting the Sephora catalogue (go to their website and order one immediately!)

This year I am so excited about palettes. I'm not talking a few colors in a compact palette but more like a train case filled with fabulousness...who doesn't want that?! There are two, in particular, that I am currently coveting, the Sephora Blockbuster palette and the Too Faced World Domination Tour Set. The Blockbuster palette has 84 eye shadows (!!!), 60 lip colors (!!!), 6 blushes and powders, and eye liner, lip liner, and 7 brushes and, here's the best, most ridiculous part, it's only $48! How do they do that? Not that I don't already have 84+ eye shadows but just the thought of having them all in one box is incredibly thrilling. I recently saw several palettes at the drug store but I know they are filled with crappy cosmetics, that is another reason I am so excited about the Sephora Blockbuster this year, I know that Sephora makes quality cosmetics that I would actually want to put on my face. I wonder how long it would take me to use 84 eye shadows and 60 lip colors?

The Too Faced World Domination Tour set is too cute not to mention. Where the Sephora set wins in the quantity department, the packaging is pretty no frills basic. The Too Faced set, on the other hand, wins in the cutest packaging EVER category. It looks like a music box from the 50's, complete with sassy dancer on spring at the top! It is $42 but only has 8 eye shadows, 6 glosses, 2 bronzers, and a few other things I'm not too excited about, but the box it's in completely makes up for the lack of cosmetics inside. I do have one Too Faced eyeshadow that I'm not in love with, but I am willing to give them a second chance, they have won me over with their packaging (oh, how easily I'm swayed!).

Sephora suggested it and I second the emotion that Philosophy has created the perfect hostess gift...the Philosophy Celebrate Bucket. It looks like a gallon of ice cream and it is filled with delicious shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath in Pink Bubbly, Lavender Bubbly, and Pomegranate Bubbly flavors. YUM!!! Philosophy is one of my favorites and I love to share my favorite beauty products with friends. What better way to thank your hostess than this ice cream bucket filled with wonderfullness?! Philosophy has another set for the holidays that is filled with my favorite fragrance of theirs of all time...Amazing Grace. If you haven't smelled this one, I insist you get yourself to a Philosophy retailer immediately and sniff, you'll be totally addicted! There is a layering set for the holidays that includes a perfumed shimmer lotion (!!!), spray fragrance, and perfumed shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath. I'd layer this, maybe layer it twice!!!! Thank you Philosophy for making the yummiest bath products in the world, I am much obliged.

Maybe I don't even need Christmas presents, maybe the Sephora Christmas Catalogue is gift enough...oh wait, NO!

No comments: