Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight


OK, I'll admit I had not heard of this until around three weeks ago but oh how quickly obsessions can develop! I read the first book and was smitten, I think it would be hard not to be. Then the movie. Left the theater approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes ago and I am still swooning. Edward was perfect...every thing was perfect...except Bella!

Could they have found a worse actress to play Bella? Possibly? Kristen Stewart...she looked and acted like a boy and is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen on screen. Also, I suspect her wardrobe was borrowed from a homeless person. It made Edward look stupid for liking her. Apparently her only asset is the way she smells but I'm not watching smellovision here folks! Honestly, she didn't look like she would smell that good anyway. My responses to Edward's swooniness in the seats of the theater were more authentic than hers were. I feel embarrassed for the poor girl at this point. It was like putting Zac Effron in Hairspray...can we say "out of our league?"

PS!!!!!!!!!! I just discovered through exhaustive Internet research that Edward, Robert Pattinson, played the hottie Cederic Diggory in Harry Potter!!! He was hot then and he's even hotter now! All of the descriptions in the Twilight book about Edward's otherworldly looks, how no human could be as beautiful as he is...Robert fits that bill plus some! I have a new celebrity crush! I will still keep my old celebrity crushes though, they are much older so I'm sure they won't mind. Do you mind Colin Firth, Alan Rickman, and James McAvoy? No, great! I'm not replacing you, I'm adding to your ranks, never fear, you'll always be my celebrity boyfriends. I also just realized that all my celebrity boyfriends are British. Coincidence? I think not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Fabulous you crack me up. Granted, I have to hide my screen so others won't see the bright pink borders but it is a small inconvenience. You sound like a true southern belle that's able to accurately notice what masses of morons think is common decorum while at the same time contributing your piece on what is beneficiary. Thanks.