Saturday, November 22, 2008

UGG Boots are the "Ug"liest Thing in the World


Good title, no?

There is a very alarming trend happening here in Alabama that the world needs to be aware of. First off, I must preface the UGG boots discussion with a brief note about Nike workout shorts. Since when is it OK to be in public in workout shorts when not working out? How lazy are you people?! They are everywhere, it's an epidemic. I thought that when winter arrived the Nike shorts would be tucked away at the bottom of a drawer but I was not anticipating the second disturbing trend of wearing these biking/legging things under them...how horrible! "What Not to Wear," we need you!

Having established these disturbing facts, I can now bring us to the heart of the matter...UGG boots. Not that UGG boots are not disturbing enough on their own, but now they are being worn in conjunction with the Nike workout shorts alone or, if it's really cold, with the freakin' leggings too! People, do you not have mirrors, or mothers, or best friends?! Apparently not. But if not, why do you all dress identically in ridiculous clothes? Stupidity is not an excuse, you are clearly taking cues from those dressed equally ridiculously around you and emulating them. WHY??? I CAN'T STAND IT!

When I'm out walking I count the number of UGG boots and other various boots with jeans/tights tucked in, it's a fun past time. Once in a five minute walk I got up to 32 which I was quite impressed with. I should give extra point for wearing them with the Nike shorts. Perhaps I will print out some sort of Fashion Police citation cards and hand them out to all offenders, I wonder how that would go over?

I would like to point out another disturbing aspect to this very disturbing trend...we live in Alabama you morons...your feet are going to get hot!!!!

No comments: