Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yet Another Kitchen Disaster


Until recently (think rum cake) I thought that I was fairly adept in the kitchen department...cooking I mean, not in the actual department at Macy's, I'm good there too though. Tonight I was going to try yet another culinary masterpiece for dinner. Yes, I had been gone all day working and schooling but, darn it, I was going to make dinner for my husband and myself. A friend (questioning this now:) had recommended a way to make omelette that was fool-proof (HA!) and delicious. Place the ingredients in a zip-lock bag, shake, and boil for 13 minutes. "Great idea" I thought. Little did I consider that I buy the cheap-o bargain bags at the Dollar General and that these might not hold up as well in boiling water for 13 minutes. Confirmation...the cheap-o bargain bags from the Dollar General DO NOT hold up well in boiling water. In fact, they don't hold up at all...they melt! I found this little tid-bit out when I looked over and saw/smelled egg/cheese water boiling over the pot all over and into my stove. AHHHH! I wasted large amounts of money-costing groceries that turned into a water/egg/ham/turkey/cheese soup because I was trying to "save money." When am I going to learn that "saving money" rarely turns out well?

No comments: