Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Twilight Obsession Continues...


Today's the day, the day that Twilight comes out on DVD. Are we all celebrating? Anybody...no? I'm salivating, does that count? I hurried my little self to Target to pick up the 18 disk special feature galore super-fest edition this morning and snagged the last one (OK, there were about 200 still left but it's so much more dramatic if I had to wrestle a small child to the ground for Edward...I'll do it, trust me). OK, let's be honest here, Twilight sucks. Every thing about it sucks but it just so happens that the most perfect character in the history of "literature" appears in it...an interesting concept. The books are so predictable and poorly written and the movie is almost as bad...spider-monkey anyone? yet I keep reading, watching it. It IS like my own personal brand of heroin! Until I watched the movie again I didn't realize how dreamy Carlisle was...Edward #2 perhaps. If it weren't for that pesky Edward Cullen I wouldn't have anything to do with this pop-culture non-sense that is Twilight but I can't help it, I LOVE him. I really do, like I LOVE Colin Firth, Alan Rickman, and James McAvoy...true love. Although the previous three happen to be real and Edward Cullen happens not to be...hmmm. I will watch this mediocre movie and read of Isle Esme until this deep obsession passes.

Note: I am not 13. I am a fully grown, professional woman with a doctorate degree. Is there a problem with me or with Twilight?

No comments: