Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coupon Success!!!

I had my first exhilarating coupon experience tonight!

Let me start out by saying that this happened after I tried to go to a bible study and had such a funny I had to go buy something to make myself feel better!

Story #1: I got an email today about joining a women's circle at church. I was really excited to get involved in this! I got myself all cute and headed to church. To my surprise, it was completely closed and locked up. Every door, I tried them all. I was definitely bummed but thought they maybe were holding it somewhere else and I just didn't get the message. W.E.L.L...when I got home I checked my email and realized that the leader sent the email yesterday (Monday). So all the "we're meeting tonight" business was actually last night and I didn't get it, woops! It also didn't occur to me that she said they meet the 2nd Monday of every month and it's Tuesday. All in a days work for me, all in a days work.

Back to my coupon success and story #2. By using www.southernsavers.com I learned about a great deal at Walgreen's on some disposable razors and printer paper. I really need the printer paper; not so much the razors right now but I will use them and the deal was just too good. I can keep them under the bathroom cabinet for a while. The BIC razors were on sale for 2/$10. I had a $3 off coupon from the January coupon booklet, and a buy one get one free coupon from the newspaper insert. The printer paper was $0.50 off so it was only $3.49. I spent a total of $5.49 and saved $10.48!!! With the coupons the razors turned out to be $2.00 for 2 packs of 4 Soleil razors!!! SCORE!!! Also, the razors are PINK...DOUBLE SCORE!!!!!

UPDATE: When I was putting away my super amazing purchases I realized that one of the packages of razors I got was a bonus pack with 2 extra razors in it!!!! So, razors that would have been $1.50/each ended up being $0.20/each!!!

No comments: