Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mod Retro Indie Clothing (& Vintage!!)





Hey everyone! It's snowing at my house so what am I doing? Shopping online! I have been browsing www.modcloth.com for several months now and loving what I've seen. I am looking for work dresses and, SCORE, I found so many at modcloth and, while I was looking, found some church dresses, going-out dresses, and weekend dresses too! The adorable names don't hurt the fun either. Some of my favorites are The Emerald City Dress (anything OZ is OK by me but this is particularly amazing), Like Rosewater for Chocolate Dress, Tae Kwon Dress, and the Pleats and Thank You Dress. Their inventory changes often, they stock indie designers who produce in limited quantities, so go there quickly, shop, and enjoy!!! They also have a respectable vintage section. Personally, I prefer the new designs that are interpretations of vintage looks but some of the vintage options are alright. Not the most inspirational part of the website but for those vintage girls I'm sure they will love it.

Modcloth also boasts fabulous shoes and even home accessories. Love the shoes, not so much the home accessories (some of them seem a bit childish to me, I prefer more classic designs in my home) but, again, if it's up your alley I know you will love it.

Be the Buyer! LOVE THIS! Once you sign up at the site you can choose designs that you love. If a design gets enough votes, a designer will interpret it and offer it for sale on the site. As a Be the Buyer member you get an email when it appears so you can be the first to buy. This is particularly awesome because, like I said, it's not worth it for the designers to produce designs in large quantities for sale. This way, the designers have assurance that people are interested in the designs so they are more confident in making the designs we like best!

SHOP NOW Y'ALL!!

No comments: