Sunday, January 17, 2010

Round 2...Organic Makeup = SUCCESS!!

Clearly, I have lowered my standards when classifying a success but today I was able to wear a little of the Aubrey Organics skincare and makeup and a tad of the Lavera and...NO IRRITATION! Thank goodness!! I woke up with beautiful peeling eyes...all over...and had to suck it up because I went to see a matinee of a musical and, unfortunately, couldn't leave my eyes at home. Washed my face with baby shampoo, followed by Aubrey Organics Moisturizer, Lavera concealer, AO powder foundation, and even a dollop of AO bronzer! Wore my glasses and the effect wasn't that horrible. I put a tiny bit of Egyptian Magic around my eyes and made sure not to get anything near them and things turned out alright!!

A few thoughts...Aubrey Organics still stinks...bad. The rancid smell does go away quickly though thank goodness. I couldn't smell that on my face all day, no way, no how. Powder foundations just aren't for me. I will continue to use this one because it won't make my face freak out, but I come from a medium/heavy coverage background and this light "natural" business is just not for me. I am thinking of ordering the Lavera liquid foundation and topping it with the AO powder and seeing what happens. That will definitely be waiting until my eyes are healed up though. I suspect the horrors of Friday night were due to an eye cream I foolishly put on. I wasn't thinking that even if a product is organic and natural that this might not be the best time to be putting eye creams on. So, it's out of rotation for a good long while.

The big test of all this new stuff will be when I put on all of it. Using the skincare and eye makeup especially. Clearly this won't be happening for a while but I am hoping that if I get these sweet little green eyes of mine to heal and be happy that they will continue being happy with some shadow, liner, and mascara. I know I would if I were them:)

No comments: