Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 1 Organic Skincare/Makeup = FAIL

Happy Friday!!

I have just spent the last 30 minutes with a washcloth containing ice cubes plastered over my red, swollen eyes. We were at friends having a fun game night and about halfway through my eyes decided to swell, itch, and turn red...we're talking about a 7 out of 10 here. I was really in a lot of pain, we left early because I just had to wash my face! Actually, I'm still in a lot of pain. I took an antihistamine when I got home and put the ice on but no relief yet. It has to get better or, well, there is no "or," it just has to get better because I don't think I can stand it!

All of the organic skincare and makeup I ordered arrived today and I was so excited. Unfortunately, the skincare smells like a forest and is an amazingly snot-like shade of green. It is kind of like washing my face with moss, which I totally will do by the way if it returns my pretty eyes to me. I had a serious workout this afternoon and was all kinds of stanky so I took a shower and used my new products before we went over to our friends house. The new products I used were a facial scrub and face wash in the shower and toner and moisturizer after. I used an eye cream (clearly a bad idea) and concealer under my eyes and on the broken out laugh lines...oh, it's just all too disgusting. I used the new "powder foundation" (I think this is a misnomer because I have yet to use any powder product that had enough coverage to be considered an actual foundation) and a bronzer/blush. Not one thing on or near my face that was not limited ingredients and organic and no eye makeup except concealer. No fragrance anywhere either. I am completely out of ideas y'all!!!

Tomorrow I am going to buy unscented (sensitive skin) body soap, shampoo/conditioner, laundry detergent, fabric softener, and new pillows. I'm also going to buy enough pillow cases to sleep on a new one each night. I swear, I will try anything! This stuff can't hurt, right? I feel like I'm playing the world's smallest violin right now but I can't seem to keep anything else on my mind.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions???

2 comments:

Revitol said...

Are you unable to cope with the wrinkles in your face? If your facial deformity is making you unattractive in front of your hubby and he is drifting away from you, then it is time for you to find out an appropriate solution. A host of skincare treatments are available to erase the wrinkles from your face completely but if you opt for the Revitol cream, the look of your face would be entirely changed and the lines on your face would be a matter of a bygone era. Revitol cream is a product of the Revitol company and all Revitol natural skincare products are available for you at www.herbsncures.com/.

Mayo said...

Great info. Thanks!

It's important to consider the ingredients in all the products you use on hair and skin. Research is showing a buildup of chemicals on the skin can cause acne, dryness (which leads to prematurely aging skin) and skin cancer.

With so many manufacturers using chemicals in their products, almost any product - cleansers, moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, hair gels and sunscreens - can be causing breakouts on your face and body.

Here's a page that shows what to look for in organic products as well as ingredients to avoid in skin and hair care products. http://www.best-mens-skin-care.com/organic-skin-care.html


To find chemical-free products, read labels and research ingredients - or start with certified organic ingredients which don't contain harmful chemicals.

Mayo
http://www.best-mens-skin-care.com