Monday, January 11, 2010

AIDS of the Eyeball?

OK folks, my previous post about my eye grossness was EXTREMELY too optimistic. Over the holidays it never cleared up. Many days in a row without any makeup helped but the swelling, redness, itching, and scaliness never completely went away, not in any sense. I ended up caving and paying $30 for the ugly container of Egyptian Magic which worked really well at first (for a few days) but isn't so "magic" anymore. Boo. The hydrocortisone cream still clears up the nastiness the best but at this point my eyelids are so raw and sensitive that it burns too much to use.

Here is exactly what I used on my face and when today: in shower: Clinique 7-day scrub (gentle physical exfoliant) followed by baby shampoo all over my face; Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 (nowhere near my eyes), Clinique Superdefense Moisturizer (avoiding eye area), Clinique All About Eyes (only under eye area); MAC Studio Fix foundation; Clinique Touch Tint for Eyes, Clinique Eyeshadow, liner, brow pencil; Lancome Cils Booster and Defenicils. That's all folks. I use Clinique antibacterial brushes that I clean often and also clean my pencils with alcohol and sharpen them often as well.

To sum up, over most of the holidays my eyes were generally red, irritated, and scaly (top lid left eye)...give or take. The grossness is strictly confined to the lower inner lid of the right eye (very occasionally a line under the right eyebrow) and on the inner half of the entire left eye and the entire area underneath it. The area underneath my left eye is also pealing now...GROSS! An additional gross that has never happened to me before is that the area roughly where smile lines would be is also red, irritated, and flaky...coincidence or no?

Around two this afternoon I got a shock when I looked in the restroom mirror and my eyes looked like I had been through a fire, a small fire only large enough to burn my eyes! My eyes hadn't been itching too badly but within an hour I was rushing home to get my makeup off as fast as I could. I wanted to claw my eyes out! I took a few pictures just to reassure myself that I'm not insane. I went back and forth about sharing these pictures because, well, honestly, they are disgusting, but if it will allow someone to see what's going on and help then I'll risk all the embarrassment in the world for some relief! At least I can put my ugly eye pictures in a cute frame to help me feel better. Help, help, help!!

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

1 comment:

boxes packaging said...

Modification and specifications add value to the product’s packaging. You can have better sales experience by changing ordinary packaging into custom packaging by adding some specifications. We add customer’s favorite modified characters to the Lip Gloss Packaging Boxes.
French Fry Boxes
Bath Bomb Packaging
Compliment your Lip Gloss through Custom Boxes digitally printed in every size and shape.