Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Clinique Three Step...Got Glow?

To steal a Clinique catch phrase...Got Glow? I DO! And it's all because of my beloved Clinique 3-step. Cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize = perfect (literally) skin.

You might be wondering if I've always been this excited about skin care and the general condition of my skin...NO! Long story, well, long. I didn't have a blemish until I was 18 then spent several years with mild acne, a blemish here and there but there was always something gross going on. Then I entered a doctoral program which quickly led to cystic acne...again, v. gross. I used every thing out there...over the counter treatments, Proactive, Dermatologist EVERYTHING, and it seemed like my skin was getting worse. Then I was on Accutane for six months. Yes, my skin was clear, but now my liver doesn't work (I don't know this for sure, that's mere speculation!). Perfect skin for right at a year then it came back...IT CAME BACK!!!

I thought, "I'll spend as much money as I can and surely that will keep these nasty blemishes away." Lancome, Murad, Mario Badescu...NOTHING. Then, after spending ridiculous amounts of money and seeing little if any results, I remembered Clinique 3-step. That's what people used in high school so I thought it was only for teenagers...WRONG! Since I was correctly skin typed by a Clinique Consultant and started using Liquid Facial Soap (oily), Clarifying Lotion (3), and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, my skin has been, after say, the first month, completely clear minue maybe one tiny blemish every few months. I couldn't believe it...I spent thousands of dollars on skin care that didn't work, destroyed my liver, and Clinique had been patiently waiting there for me the entire time...waiting to clear my skin! WOW am I good at making choices.

So, what have we learned from this? Expensive does not mean effective, daily exfoliation is a freakin' miracle, and you should all be using Clinique 3-step twice a day!

No comments: