Monday, October 13, 2008

Psssssst...My Favorite Product in the World!


Allow me to let you in on a secret that only myself and Ken Paves know (there might be a FEW others but this is questionable). Psssssst Instant Spray Shampoo is the greatest product ever invented. The wheel, sliced bread, they are NOTHING compared to this stuff. This angelic spray bottle allows me to go for a week without washing my hair in the shower. Before jumping to conclusions, let me tell you all the reasons why this is not gross and is, in fact, awesome.

First, it is a total pain to wash, dry and style your hair every day. It takes forever and I don't have time for it. When I was younger, maybe, but I have WAY too many responsibilities...places to go and people to see...to do it every day. Nevertheless, I am slightly obsessive about looking nice so the thought of not washing my hair initially grossed me out. But not with Psssssst!

Psssssst absorbs the oils in your hair while it refreshes it with a light scent leaving your hair looking just the way it did the day before when you weren't too lazy to wash it. I will admit that as the days go by the options of hair do's diminish proportionately with how much Psssssst is gunked up in it but the updo options are endless. I've taken to doing a small version of the Amy Crackhouse pouf with the rest of my hair pulled in to a low ponytail. It looks really nice and there are no greasies or other signs of non-washing.

I recently read in a magazine that you can also use loose face powder to absorb the oil in your hair in a pinch but considering that I pay $18.50 for my loose powder at a cosmetics counter and this stuff is $5.99 at the drug store, I think I will continue to invest in my Psssssst.

A second reason why this is not gross is that it IS actually good for your hair. Washing your hair every day strips it of natural oils that are moisturizing and nourishing to the hair, leaving it dry and lifeless. (Am I the new spokesperson for Psssssst yet?) Psssssst lets you keep the benefits without looking greasy...nothing wrong with that! Psssssst is also good for people with naturally dry hair and scalps. We don't want to dry out our hair any more than we have to, now do we? Psssssst away my friends!

No comments: