Monday, February 15, 2010

CUSP - Tribe & True - I Don't Think So

First off, I find the tag lines in this promotion offensive. I don't think it is OK to call anything "tribal" or "ethnic," sounds ignorant and insensitive to me. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Anyway, CUSP has a new promotion called "Tribe & True: The Exotic New Trend." Also included in the promotion are the words "Tribal Fusion." PLEASE! I completely don't support this trend. Number one, every bit of it is fugly! Secondly, so many groups should be offended by this, it's hard to name them all but here are a few: Native Americans, traditional African tribes, Hippies (tie-dye and acid washed leggings...how did Lindsay Lohan get in on this?), and wild animals (zebra and leopard print everywhere...gross).

CUSP is brought to you by Neiman Marcus so I am especially confused as to why this sucks so bad considering my usual love of NM. Ladies, sometimes trends are not OK...this is one of those times.

No comments: