Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wii Fit & Relaxation...the Best of Both Worlds!!!


I got a Wii Fit a few weeks ago and LOVE it!! The last month or so has been so stressful and I have had so much fun getting a little bit of exercise playing games and not thinking about things that have to be done. I got the Wii Fit Plus at Target for $99. The Plus has an extra set of games that are super fun. There are also balance games, aerobics, yoga positions, and strength exercises. I admit that I definitely play the new games and the balance games much more than the other choices but I try to do a few of those just for posterity. My favorites are the hula hoop, skateboarding, and the obstacle course.

I do have to say that while it is very fun and you are certainly burning more calories that sitting on the couch, the Wii Fit is not going to replace a regular workout schedule. I am using it in addition to my workouts at the gym, cardio exclusively, and do it everyday for the body test. It measures your BMI and weight and records it. It definitely helps me to see it on a graph and is a really great and easy way to keep track of exercise and weight without having to write it down, which I never remember to do.

No comments: